My favorites during Quarantine!
This time is a crazy, unexpected, and scary time for everyone. I myself have been quarantined for about a month to a month and a half. I stopped counting the days because that drove me a little crazy. So much has happened since the quarantine started, I was sick with the flu, don’t worry not corona, my school shut down for the rest of the year, and I turned 21! While it is not how I expected I would be turning 21, my family made it one of the best birthdays I have ever had. With the quarantine comes a lot of online shopping. Throughout this past month I have found a few of my favorite products.
- Balm dot com from Glossier: This is a lip balm that my sister gave me for my birthday. I and OBSESSED with this balm. I got the mango shade, and I kid you not, it tastes like I have a mango on my lips. I put it on about an hour ago and my lips feel so hydrated still. I have heard so many people rave about this product, but I have never fully tried it myself, but I 100% recommend it. It runs at $12 and can come in eight different shades. While I usually would never spend $12 on a chapstick I have read these last so long, and so far I think they are worth it.
- Chamberlain Coffee: I have an obsession with coffee like no other. At school I worked as a barista on campus so I have had my fair share at experimenting with what kind of coffee I like, and personally I just love iced coffee. I am still young so I have not changed over to being a hot coffee lover, but I think that comes with age. I found Chamberlain Coffee because I have been a long time fan of the creator, Emma Chamberlain. She is a YouTube star and a fellow coffee connoisseur. The coffee comes in tea bags and you steep them overnight. I personally am obsessed with it and make it in big batches. It runs about $2 per bag and comes in packs of 5. I suggest getting the more the better because I use about two to three and that lasts me about two to three coffees.
- Universal Threads Clothing: For my birthday, my mom bought me a loungewear set and a camo sweatshirt from Target’s clothing brand, Universal Threads. I have been living in the sweatshirt because it’s lightweight and it is pretty cute too. You can pair it with leggings or jeans and white sneakers if you are feeling like you need to be a little more productive. The camo sweatshirt runs about $20. Usually I feel as though Target clothes are a little too expensive for the quality, but I think this sweatshirt is definitely worth it.
- Blue Light Glasses: I do not know about everyone else but my screen time has skyrocketed on my phone since the beginning of quarantine. I am constantly refreshing in hopes of finding some sort of inspiration on my phone. I also have been watching lots of TV. Right now I am obsessed with All American on Netflix, and anything on Disney Plus. I can definitely feel by the end of the night that my eyes are tired and I am getting headaches. That’s why for Easter, my mom got me blue light glasses. While it is still early days with them I can already feel a difference. I go to bed without a headache and wake up without one as well. Another solution to this problem, get off my phone, but hey its quarantine what else is there to do?
- Tik Tok: Like any other member of Gen Z, I am loving tik tok. I can stay on that app for hours, which is a little sad. I can laugh so hard and it is pretty cool to see how all different people can get so creative from this app. I have gotten everyone in my family on the videos and making them is so fun. It is a good way to get everyone involved together in something and can be really funny.
I hope this inspired some of you readers to find some of your favorite things during quarantine. While writing this, my mood has increased and I am feeling better about the tine. Either that or all the coffee I have been drinking.